From the first Sunday of Advent (November 27) all the way through Christmas Day, we have special opportunities for connection, exploration, and growth.
We will journey through a story that is tender and vulnerable: the journey of young parents-to-be in need of refuge, the birth of a new child in challenging circumstances, the light and love of God guiding our way. We carry the stories of this season close to our hearts, and we share them from generation to generation, remembering that the work of God is always unfolding in and through us. This Advent season, how will we carry God’s light and love forth?
As we watch and wait for Jesus’ birth together, you’ll find a little bit of everything:
- Cookie decorating; seasonal crafts; decking the church halls
- Resources for all ages to help individuals and families observe Advent and Christmas at home
- Music and creative arts to enliven our Advent waiting
- Support for our nonprofit ministry partners here in the Lehigh Valley and abroad
- Embodied, engaging worship to hold the season’s joy and sorrow
Join us for Sunday worship during Advent on November 27, and December 4, 11, and 18. We offer “Holy Ground” – a different kind of contemporary service – at 9 a.m. in Fellowship Hall; this service is only in person.
And here are our special events and services:
- Sunday, December 18: Our Christmas Joy Concert will be offered at 4:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary, featuring the Chancel Choir and the Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts’ Touring Choir, with special guests the Concord Chamber Singers. Free will donation. Also livestreamed. VIDEO
- Wednesday, December 21: The Longest Night Service provides space for those who are grieving a loss in their lives (whether a person, a job, an experience, a dream) to engage the deep truths of Advent and Christmas without feeling forced into experiences of cheer that they are not feeling. Offered both in person and via livestream at 7 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. This is a communion service.
- Saturday, December 24: We will offer two candlelight Christmas Eve services in the Sanctuary (also livestreamed) – an intergenerational service at 4 p.m., and a Traditional service at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, December 25: On Christmas Day, join us for an informal 10 a.m. Worship Service in Fellowship Hall (also available via livestream). No Hearts N Minds adult ed for today.
- Sunday, January 1: For New Year’s Day, we will offer a 10 a.m. Worship Service in the Sanctuary (also available via livestream). No Hearts N Minds adult ed for today.