Our focus is to provide learning activities for different learning styles. We encourage children to explore and discover the world around them. This kind of safe, accepting environment is important in developing self esteem and a love for learning.
We offer morning preschool classes for 2, 3, and 4 year olds and extended care for 3 and 4 year olds. Click here for class schedule and rates.
Our curriculum includes:
- Large and small motor skill development through “no-fail” art projects, small motor manipulatives, name writing, playground activities and our Creative Movement program.
- We go to the playground every day possible and play in the Kirk Center Gym in inclement weather.
- Art activities that focus on “process,” not “product,” as a way to encourage creativity and experimentation with materials.
- Language development through show and tell, circle and center activities and allowing children time to interact without teacher intervention.
- Pre-reading skills through letter and sound recognition, being read to daily, board games and an environment rich with the written word.
- Pre-math skills through counting games and activities, number recognition, board games and using the calendar.
- Social skills involving problem solving, dramatic play, conflict resolution, sharing and taking turns.
- Music with a trained music teacher once a month for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- Creative movement—a more structured large-motor skill time with our creative movement teacher involving following directions, movement to music and more for all ages twice a month.
Our teachers are all certified in early childhood or elementary education and have been with us for many years. They are committed to our children and families, providing them with a safe, loving environment in which to play and learn.
All preschool and extended care staff, as well as all church staff, have received PA State Police Child Abuse Clearances.
Our bright, spacious facility includes:
- Child-sized bathroom facilities inside each classroom
- Low windows for children to see outside
- One-way windows for parent observation
- Fenced-in playground
- Gym for inside play
- Large lending library
If you’d like to be put on the mailing list for registration information, please email Andrea Barbehenn, Director of Preschool and Extended Care, or call her at 610-867-2956.
Interested in summer preschool programs?
The end of our school year may be quickly approaching, but the FUN does not stop on June 1!
FPCB Preschool Summer Splash is designed for children age 3 and fully potty trained through age 5 entering kindergarten in the fall.
We offer full-time care all summer long until preschool begins again in September, but we also offer flexible hours for families looking for a “summer camp” experience.
Summer Splash is also a great way to keep your children in a routine so that the transition back to school in the fall is an easier one.
Space is limited, so please call Andie Barbehenn at 610-867-2956 to reserve your spot for summer.