PRESCHOOL AND EXTENDED CARE
First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem’s Preschool and Extended Care Program provides quality early childhood education, loving care, and enriching experiences in a Christ-centered environment. We believe each child is precious and unique in the eyes of God and recognize that a child’s development is an individual process. Our focus on multiple intelligences enables us to provide learning activities for different learning styles. We encourage children to explore and discover the world around them and learn to play, work, and live with other children and adults. FPCB’s Preschool offers a stimulating learning environment where each child can experience success.
We offer morning preschool classes for 2, 3, and 4 year olds and extended care for 3 and 4 year olds.
- Large and small motor skill development through "no-fail" art projects, small motor manipulatives, name writing, playground activities and our Creative Movement program. Children go to the playground every day possible and play in the Kirk Center Gym in inclement weather.
- Art activities that focus on "process," not "product," as a way to encourage creativity and experimentation with materials.
- Language development through show and tell, circle and center activities and allowing children time to interact without teacher intervention.
- Pre-reading skills through letter and sound recognition, being read to daily, board games, and an environment rich with the written word.
- Pre-math skills through counting games and activities, number recognition, board games, and using the calendar.
- Social skills involving problem solving, dramatic play, conflict resolution, sharing, and taking turns.
- Music with a trained music teacher once a month for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- Creative movement—a more structured large-motor skill time with our creative movement teacher involving following directions, movement to music, and more for all ages twice a month.
- "Chapel"—a time twice a month with the preschool director for a Bible story or lesson, song, prayer and interaction. We also have holiday Chapels where families and friends are invited.
All the FPCB Preschool and Extended Care teachers are certified in early childhood or elementary education and have been on staff for many years. They are committed to the children and families, providing them with a safe, loving environment in which to play and learn.
All preschool and extended care staff have received PA State Police and Child Abuse Clearances and FBI Fingerprint Clearances as well as completed the mandated reporter training.
BRIGHT, SPACIOUS FACILITY:
Child-sized bathroom facilities inside each classroom
Low windows for children to see outside
One-way windows for parent observation
Gym for inside play
Large lending library
Registration for the 2015–2016 school year is ongoing. 2016–2017 school year registration will begin late January. If you'd like to be put on the mailing list for registration information, please e-mail Andrea Barbehenn, Director of Preschool and Extended Care, or call at 610-867-2956.
stay in touch with the preschool
Keep in touch with everything that is happening at the preschool. Like us on FACEBOOK.
HELP THE FPCB PRESCHOOL BY REGISTERING
YOUR GIANT BONUS CARD
FPC Bethlehem Preschool and Extended Care is asking you to help us raise money again this year by simply registering your Giant Bonus Card online. Last year, we made $699.81, which was used toward classroom and playground equipment. This year, we’ll use the money to purchase more new equipment for both inside and outside activities. Please go to www.giantfoodstores.com/aplus to register your Giant Bonus Card. Our school ID# is 26007. We need to register our cards every year, so even if you helped us last year, you need to register again for this school year! The staff and children of our preschool THANK YOU!