Feed Bethlehem 2017
Feed Bethlehem is back! It's time to start bringing items into church for those in need (list of items below). You can place these in the designated baskets in the North Link, Rotunda, and outside the Reception area. Additionally, FPCB is partnering with America’s Grow-a-Row again this season to bring Fresh Fruits and Veggies to South Side Bethlehem in the form of a FREE farmer's market! These farmer's markets will take place on Saturdays and we will need volunteers to SIGN UP.
Volunteers would drive to the farm each Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. to pick up fresh food and then bring it back to the valley. They have the option of using their own vehicle or the church's van. A mere 4 hours of engagement each Saturday will have a positive impact on the lives of 150 families in our community! For more information on Feed Bethlehem and/or what it looks like to be a Feed Bethlehem volunteer, contact Pastor Manuela at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so excited to serve our community this summer!
BROWN BAG INITIATIVE
The goal of our Feed Bethlehem—Non-Perishable Food Item Collection initiative is to have worship attendees fill grocery bags which we will distribute during one weekend in July and one weekend in August. We’re asking that the filled bags be returned the following week. The food will then be given to New Bethany Ministries who will distribute it to those in need. SIGN UP HERE.
The USDA study indicated that in 2010, 17.2 million households in America had difficulty providing enough food due to a lack of resources.
In 2015, 42.2 million Americans lived in food-insecure households, including more than 13 million children.
84% of households with at least one child served by the Feeding America network report purchasing the cheapest food available, even if it wasn’t the healthiest option to provide enough food for the household.
- Food insecurity can lead to Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and obesity.
America’s Grow-a-Row’s mission is to positively impact as many lives as possible through a volunteer effort of planting, picking, rescuing, and delivering free fresh produce. Click here to visit their website.
- Spam, Turkey, Chicken, Corned Beef, Salmon, Tuna, etc.
- Raviolis, Spaghetti & Meatballs, Beef Stew, Chicken & Dumplings, Corned Beef, Beefaroni, Spaghettios, Chicken Ala King, Pork N' Beans
- Veggies & Fruits
- Pop Tarts, Oatmeal, Grits, Cream of Wheat, Cereal Bars, Cereal, etc.
Other types of food:
- Fresh produce
- Mashed Potatoes, Au Gratin Potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes
- Rice, pasta, macaroni & cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Jell-o & Pudding
- Powdered milk, evaporated milk, baby formula
- Juices and drinks of all kinds
- Healthy snacks of all kinds
- Wipes & Diapers
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, towels/wash cloths, Band-Aids, First Aid Items, Toothpaste
- Paper towels, toilet paper, tissues
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Socks, underwear, laundry detergent, dish washing liquid