For 140 years First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem (FPCB) has built a legacy of Jesus-centered and biblically-based ministry, strong leadership and compassionate outreach. We are an all-generations church, deep-rooted in our community and able to serve our neighbors with the love and the goodness of God.
We are contagious followers of Jesus Christ who Know God, Love People, and Serve the World.
First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem is a community following Jesus Christ and serving in creative worship, intentional discipleship, compassionate care, and active outreach to the world.
If performed in love, your actions are a creative act of worship. First Presbyterian Church of Bethlehem is where you can celebrate your faith because there is a way and means for everyone. Traditional and Contemporary services follow the Christian year with sermons delivered by our ministerial staff as inspired by the Scriptures. Music leads worship and accompanies each service in a special way. We use voice, instrument, drama, and video to emphasize worship as a lifestyle.
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age."
Like the first disciples, the members of FPCB are following Jesus' command to be disciples and to make disciples. Through our discipleship ministries, children, youth, and adults are being taught what it means to be disciples. For more information on how you can continue in your discipleship journey, visit our GET INLVOLVED page.
FPCB is a compassionate and caring community. The Deacon Ministry provides support to the congregation through any age or stage of life. Over 300 caregivers generously give of their time to attend to the care of our members.
FPCB strives to be a missional church. We offer year round opportunities to serve in the church, in the community, and in the world.
KNOW GOD: A deepening connection with the living God
- Worship attendance grows to 1,500
- 1,200 people commit to read the New Testament (achieved)
- 1,000 disciples reading/praying the Psalms (achieved)
- 1,000 congregants reading/studying “The Story” (achieved)
- Five new pastors and/or lay people lead studies to resource, support, train and empower disciples (achieved)
LOVE PEOPLE: A Deepening investment or re-investment with one another
- 1,200 people are meaningfully connected in groups
- 100 young adults experience God and genuine community
- Intentionally mentor 25 servant leaders in key areas (achieved)
- Five new studies to resource, support, train and empower disciples (achieved)
SERVE THE WORLD: A deepening engagement with the world for whom Christ died
- Build a Habitat house (in partnership with other local organizations) in 2013 (achieved)
- 1,000 people engaged in a local, national, or international mission or service ministry
- $100,000 in unrestricted funds to fuel these initiatives (achieved)
- Build a Habitat house in South Bethlehem in 2010 (17,000 hours) (achieved)
FPCB is affiliated with the ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians denomination and is also a member of the Community Fellowship, a network of churches and leaders called together to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ by growing in Christ’s likeness, living by God’s word, and joining in God’s mission in the world.